Saturday, May 24, 2008

Wrestling

There is so much that comes naturally in life--and then there are the things that I wish would come naturally...

As I wrestle with the vices in each of my precious children, I realize more starkly than ever the vices in my own life.

There is such a transformation that needs to happen.

"Be not conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..."

Anger, wrath, malice, jealousy, greed,lust impurity, these are embedded so deeply in the human heart that they threaten to cut off life-giving circulation.

As God's children we get to clothe ourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. We get to bear with each other and forgive each other. We get to have these fruits bound together in love--not a "love-me love", but a "love is an action" love.

One thing is evident: as I wrestle with issues of the heart I must "Let the word of Christ dwell richly in me" In our home we have a great need for teaching and admonishing to be done in wisdom. How grateful I am to have a book that pulses with wisdom, insight, and eternity.

Yes, there is a lot to wrestle with, but, how thankful I am for the Lord Jesus Christ who can snip the ugly vices and allow the life-giving flow of His virtues to pulse through my veins.

No comments:

Map