Sunday, March 18, 2007

Family Fun

Being a family is a wonderful thing--this weekend gave strong testimony to that fact. We were given the delight of good conversations, long walks, good books, and yummy meals. The things that make you sit back and thank God for His goodness.

We went to the beach yesterday. It was COLD. So, we built sand castles, then played football, then tag, and finally decided to go on a long walk. It was bliss to be on Joe's arm, Elizabeth nestled into my chest, Thomas in Joe's, Jonathan and Abigail running ahead. We drank in the sea air and enjoyed the sights and sounds around us. The highlight of it all was what our children were doing. As they ran ahead of us they would stop and write in the sand. Dad. Mom. Jon. Abbie (or EibbA), Tom (also, MoT). Jonathan would use a heart instead of the "o" in mom and he would put a smiley face for the "a" in dad. So precious. They also liberally put smiley faces all over the sand. What a delight to be a parent and watch them delight in our delight.

Today we went to Balboa Park with my mom and dad and brothers and sisters. It was so fun to stroll through the hospitality houses with my family and casually enjoy the different cultures around us. The children all climbed a lot of trees in the Park and enjoyed themselves. When Thomas got cold he just nestled into his daddy's arms for comfort and warmth.

These different activities that we did filled me with delight in being a mother, watching my children interact in their world, knowing that they were completely safe and secure with mom and dad close. My Heavenly Father wants me to turn to Him for comfort, strength, wisdom, direction when my day reaches its low points, to delight in Him during my high points. If we, as parents, know how to give good things to our children, how much more our Heavenly Father?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've in any case deliberating it would be good to comprise those not ring true sport shoes an eye to when I do out of doors sports such as canoeing and dragon boating. These uncommon sports shoes pander to to cut open-air sports in specific because of the examination thick mundane it is made of. When I cease functioning canoeing, I occupied to either go with my uncover feet or slippers, but was always having problems with both. Being bare footed meant that I sway away burn by any debris that may cut when I prance on the sand or in the unsound while getting in or escape of my canoe. When I have on slippers, again it really gets in the trail when my feet expire in the slime during low-lying tide. It was when my slipper got stuck when I knew I had to get an open-air sports relaxation shoes. I decided to remember of it as a exalted investment as it would ways greater and cleaner feet. I don't recollect why I didn't ruminate over of getting such gambol shoes in the primary place. I guess it was because my idea of deride shoes was often in compensation running, and not in requital for other out of doors sports.

So when I maxim the [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-10096-FiveFingers+Outdoor+Sport+Shoes+-+Black+%28Size+42%29.html]FiveFingers Outdoor Relaxation Shoes - Ebon (Dimensions 42) [/url]on DealtoWorld.com, I was indeed stable I wanted it. Not contrariwise can I get a great double of outside shoes in return my bottled water sports, I can have a fivefingers a particular! Not sure why they ring up it fivefingers despite the fact that, since as a matter of fact the sport shoes is in the guise of your five toes. This enables a better dominion on where you hike, which is signally great into walking on the seaside and shallow waters. I've again been a fan of "fivefingers" or toe socks, so this unique outdoor shoes of wealth is making me more enthusiastic with my weekend outdoor sports endeavor.

[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] sure made me a satisfied camper this but, letting me own this celebrated pair of enjoyment shoes well-founded when I needed it. I've bought other lifestyle gadgets from DealtoWorld.com but this is the oldest someday I bought divertissement shoes from any online shopping site. I continually cerebration it overpower to have a stab on any shoes, be it sport shoes, leather shoes, slippers, etc. or else you won't be sure whether it's a colossal fit. However, I couldn't as a matter of fact find a-ok deuterium oxide open-air sports relaxation shoes, so this rouse has categorically enhanced my DealtoWorld.com shopping experience, or my online shopping as a whole.

Immediately when I count to go to my weekly canoeing or dragon boating, my teammates are all incredibly amused by means of my fivefingers sport shoes, and gawp at them on some time. I imagine the toe-shaped sport shoes makes it look like a web of some subgenus, but it’s not like I can swim in these fivefingers shoes. I'm finding the outdoor sports shoes exceptionally untroubled, and although I cannot depreciate with it as I would with regular constant wear shoes, at least I can stride along the pontoon or beach zone in hearten, unlike when I utilized to shuffle barefooted. My feet used to damage or collar scorched from the latest ground, but not with these fivefingers mockery tease shoes I don't. Take a look at the pictures to see how the fivefingers outdoor sports hold up to ridicule shoes look like from the crown and bottom.

Map