Monday, May 7, 2007

Rocks

I had a homeschooling mother friend of mine who reminded me about the story of the father who had a pile of rocks of all sizes: large rocks, all the way down to pebbles. He asked his son to put all the rocks into a five gallon container. The son tried and thought the feat was impossible. The father then showed the son that if you put the large rocks in first, followed by the medium, and lastly pour the pebbles in, they could all fit.

My day feels like a large pile of rocks of all sizes. There are so many things that I want to do with my day. Some things are extremely important to me. Some things I'd really like to get to and some are like small pebbles that I'd like to slip into the cracks. Then there are the extras that I'd like to throw in...

God gives us each the same amount of time. How can we optimize it to fully fill the container we are given each day?

No comments:

Map