Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Flowers

Thomas brought me a handful of beautiful flowers today. Well, they were dandelions, which are the best kind aren't they? ;) This evening after everyone was in bed I was finishing up the house and I sat looking at some of our "Abigail Roses." The petals were so perfectly placed. They open in the sweetest, most delicate way and the whole process from bud to full-blown flower is beautiful!

Our children are so precious, so delicate, and so...imperfect. There are so many areas that I need to keep my "pruning scissors" next to, or I start to see huge succors growing. God is slowly letting their bodies grow, their minds expand, their consciences more discerning, and their spirits wiser. He is using me in that process of careful tending in their little Garden's.

Just as the beautiful dandelion or rose cannot be opened without the Master Gardener's hand carefully unfolding their gentle beauty; so I must wait on Him to guide my hands as the lives of my children blossom. The process is both beautiful and painful. I must be willing to be both moldable and molder-er in this process called Parenting.

Joe's arms full with a beautiful life's mission!

"The Girls"
Let's hope there won't be too many of these in our garden! (snakes, not boys!)

The Abigail Rose in full bloom!

No comments:

Map