Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Full Week

I am amazed that a whole week has gone by since I posted last. Time goes by so quickly when Joe is home. I guess that is a good thing, since if time was crawling we wouldn't be enjoying ourselves...

Our week was full of VBS at Shadow Mountain, swimming, Joe packing up his classroom, visiting relatives and friends from out of town, and trying to maintain a solid base at home with four little ones.

I went to VBS one day and found that it wasn't to my liking. I like to follow the rhythm of my children, to make every moment that I can full of adventure, exploration, discovery. I don't like wasted time. The VBS had 2,000 kids; so there were lines galore, waiting, shuffling: impersonal but functional. So, I stayed home with Thomas and Elizabeth and walked to the park with books. We swang, read, and played soccer. We walked home (found a few bugs on the way home and two pine cones), made cookies, then got lunch ready for daddy and Jon Jon and Abbie. Another day we ran errands, did puzzles, vacuumed, read some books, and did some laundry. Ahhhh, that is my preferred way of being with my children. Slow, interesting, busy, involved.

My big kids loved VBS and seemed to mature in their relating with each other and they just thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Joe went to watch the first day and ended up being assigned a group of 8 (three of whom were VERY rambunctious) children. He then spent the afternoons cleaning out his classroom, so, he hasn't started on the restful part of his vacation yet.

No comments:

Map