Sunday, June 10, 2007

Violin

A week ago, on June 2nd, Jonathan and Abigail, as well as Emilie, Ryan, David and Gannon were all in a end-of-the-year violin concert. My children were quite thrilled about getting to play "in a concert" and we had fun getting them ready! (I really enjoy dressing my children up--it always feels like I'm getting to play dolls--for real!)

Call time was 5:00 and the concert was to start at 6:30. I thought there would be group pictures etc... Well, there wasn't. We were tuned by 5:10 and then had to stay still and relatively quiet until 6:30. Ugh! I ended up watching the concert from the cry room were I could see very well, but I couldn't really hear at all. So for me, the evening felt chaotic and a bit disappointing. But...

Jonathan and Abigail loved being in the concert. Jonathan was able to sit with Grandma Barnes and Grandma McDonald and so he got to hear the whole concert. And when Jonathan and Abbie played they did terrific!!! Here is a sound recording of the concert: http://www.cabcsuzukistrings.com you can turn the volume up on your computer and enjoy the music as you work around the house! At the very beginning there is talking and it's a bit hard to figure out what's happening, but once the music starts...watch out! ;)

Jonathan and Uncle Gannon getting ready for a great concert!

A very excited Abigail and Aunt Bonnie.


I found a dotted Swiss sundress for her, it's darling!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun concert... :) hey keep putting pictures up so I don't forget what my relatives look like :) oh, hi btw
Colin :)

Anonymous said...

hey you didn't put a pic up of me on the blog, i'm really sad now jk. we are leaving soon (maybe)to go camping well cya
Ryan oh btw bye (i had to do something like colin :)

Mikellyjo said...

Wow, how the kids have grown. Thanks for the link, Carrie. Love and miss you, Kelly Hollman

Map